How exciting this is. The beginning of a year, a decade, and a new you!
The new year always brings New Year Resolutions. The top ten New Year Resolutions are:
1. Lose weight and get fit.
2. Quit smoking.
3. Learn something new.
4. Eat healthier and diet.
5. Get out of debt and save money.
6. Spend more time with family.
7. Travel to new places.
8. Be less stressed.
10. Drink less alcohol.
These resolutions can be difficult to do, but here are ways that vaping can help you accomplish some of these goals!
1. Quit smoking. Vaping has been around for 15 years or so, and has helped over 13,000,000 people quit using tobacco products. Flavored nicotine e-liquid comes in a variety of flavors (for now) with various nicotine levels, starting at 0mg and ranging to 50mg. Vaping has shown to be the most effective way to quit smoking cigarettes, despite it not being an FDA approved smoking cessation aid.
2. Learn something new. Learning about vaping, the devices that are used and nicotine levels isn't a PhD course at Harvard, but it's a new technology that you can learn! There are hundreds, if not thousands of different devices that have different capabilities.
3. Get out of debt and save money. Saving money is HUGE. Vaping can help you with that! 65.8% of 3,000 people say that they smoked at least 20+ cigarettes a day, meaning at least a pack a day. Now, different states have different taxes on tobacco products, but on average, a pack of cigarettes costs $7.50. If you smoke a pack a day, that's $2,737.50 a year! Yes, a YEAR!!!! Vaping can cut those costs significantly. The most expensive purchase is the device itself, which can range from $30-$150 depending on what you get. E-liquid ranges from $7-$35, and coils range from $12-$25 (for a pack of 3 or 5 usually). After you purchase a device, average cost of vaping is $20-$60 a month! If you spend $20 a month, that's $240 a year, if you spend $60 a month, that's $720 a year! Much better than $2,737.50.
4. Lose weight, get fit, eat healthier and diet. I'm combining all of that into one, because you need all of that to lose weight. Once you quit smoking cigarettes, everything tends to taste better. That makes eating healthier easier, as you are more inclined to enjoy tasty, healthy food. Quitting smoking also allows for easier breathing, meaning exercise is a lot easier. When I quit smoking cigarettes, I couldn't believe how much better everything tasted. Plus, six months after I quit smoking, I ran my first 5k. I never, ever, would've done that when I smoked. I finished a 5k in a little over an hour with no prior training. Quite the accomplishment.
5. Spend more time with family. Think about it, most people spend 5-10 minutes outside per cigarette. If you smoke 20 cigarettes a day, you're spending 100-200 minutes outside per day. What could you do with an extra hour or three a day? Play with the kids, spend time with your significant other, spend time with mom and dad? Think about it. Added bonus, you don't smell like an ashtray!
6. Travel to new places. Going to vape shops is a new place! There are 15,000 or so vape shops in the United States. That's a LOT of traveling to do!
7. Volunteer. Now, volunteering in the vaping community is interesting. Most advocates are volunteer (including myself), and spend a lot of time on social media (especially Twitter) discussing rules and regulations. Volunteering to the vaping community means fighting for your rights to vape!
8. Drink less alcohol. The classic "when I go out drinking I always need to smoke a cigarette," is gone! Removing cigarettes usually means less going out, meaning less alcohol consumption!
9. Be less stressed. Having a support group is super beneficial in quitting smoking, and you have a support group built in where you purchase your vaping products. I cannot begin to tell you how much I know about my customers. I've seen marriage, divorce, babies, fur babies, promotions, vacations and so much more. Talking about what's going on is beneficial to your health, and you have that option at a vape shop.
Quitting smoking is the best thing that you can do for yourself. Cigarettes kill 480,000 people a YEAR. Don't be a statistic. Visit your local vape shop today and kick the smokes.
I hope you all have a fantastic 2020! Thank you for your support as always.